Friday, November 12, 2010

Jesus Camp

Don't post religious crap on this topic, not going to turn this into a god/nogod crap. Movie is about "an honest and impartial depiction of one faction of the evangelical Christian community".  If you saw the movie post how u feel or a reaction to it.
---------------------------
Walked in this morning to my gf watching Jesus Camp.  It's a great movie if you like to watch kids get indoctrinated and brainwashed.  Now I got nothing against religion but man this is just something I am not use to. From growing up in a boring sit down and listen baptist church to people speaking in tongues is to much.  They almost seem like tin foil hat crazies.  I guess its good their kids have something to believe in and have hope for something bigger.  They seem generally happy having religion which is great for them.  I rather give someone a choice to believe instead of just pounding it into them at all times.

People in this movie so crazy misinformed.  At the start and all through the movie you will hear nothing but CHRISTIAN COUNTRY.  They complain about separation from church and state. Claiming this is the reason y kids are so messed up.  First off kids are been fucked up for some time and it has nothing to do bible readings.  Also most founders and many presidents were not Christians at all.

So many crazy ass things these ppl are talking about. I could talk forever about how angry I have got watching this movie.  I thank god that i never had this crap drilled into me and that I am able to think for myself.  I also thank because my preacher neighbor doesn't constantly bug me about church other then events that are actually fun to go to and they don't try and convert everyone.

I find it insanely hilarious that they have Ted Haggard on there talking about homosexuals and such.  Hrmmm didn't he recently get caught with another man and admitted to that going on for YEARS.  If i remember right the man he was with was a prostitute. Also Ted had a drug addiction maybe? I can't remember exactly. Then after being fired and shunned he becomes a vagabond traveling the country to friends and family houses trying to find work.  He finally gave up and went back to the church for "straight classes".  I haven't heard about him in a long time.


29 comments:

  1. Jesus camp is fucking crazy dude, no kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting stuff, I'll check back tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember when this came out. people went crazy over it, on both sides. let's just call it all what it is - persuasion to do what someone wants you to do. on both sides :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. harry poter would of been put to death , ummm, idk jesus pretty much acted like a wizard lol wut pear , and tongues lol god only talked in it once so everyone understood him at once lol wut...and last 30 seconds of the video just awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dont know how I feel about this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm I havent watched that. Is it something along the lines of the Documentary "Most Hated Family in America"? I enjoyed that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. scary stuff, god is for the hopless

    ReplyDelete