Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dungeons & Dragons Online



While I wait to see if i land my job Friday I am unable to get anything new so me and a few friends started DDO back up.  I always find myself coming back to play this game.  The game has been free to play for a long time and brought a ton more ppl into DDO.

I love this game for many reasons.  A big one is the people who play are all nice and helpful.  I have only ran into a few assholes in the game and even they were calm as hell compared to people I routinely encounter in wow.  Even the kids I have played with were not going balls deep screaming into their mics and playing smart. Raids are fun and mostly fast depending if you or someone in your group knows the way.

Grouping and your characters are also what I love in this game.  You could solo most of the dungeons in the game but later on it will get harder.  Grouping is fast and very fun.  Working with you party to solve the puzzles in game and avoid and disable the traps is just amazing.  You can build your characters so many ways.  Each class has a ton of different builds u can go for and since you can splash 2 other classes you can make some amazing characters.  Equipment wise you will have a ton of different weapons if your melee.  On my barbarian I carry potions of buffs and healing, around 10 different weapons i collected with different effects on them. I have quite a few different armors with click effects for different buffs.  That character is prepared for about anything.

Of course the game has flaws and reason people do not play.  One thing is making said characters is that if your not use to dnd games it can be hard making a custom character instead of the games premade characters.  The premades are not bad at all but they are not perfect.  The game is 100% instance which is good and bad. Tons of ppl hate this.  The main city areas and taverns are open with maybe 2 or 3 different instances for them depending on players. People miss the open world like wow and others have.  Personally it doesn't bother me.  Now i don't have a 10min walk or 2min ride from place to place.  One thing said people don't know is that there are open explorable areas which are great for loot and experience.

If you find yourself looking for something different try out ddo and play around with it. It's 100% free but eventually you will need to sub or buy the currency to open up the high lvl dungeons.  I'll post up some SS later if anything cool happens.



C programing book finally got here from amazon. Only took them 3 weeks =(.

31 comments:

  1. played it a couple of times not bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad if you can't find a good DM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never played DnD Online, but I spent years on pen n' paper DnD xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. that monster is sick

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friends told me to play this game but never had the chance to download it :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. never played it, but great review

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome that the book arrived, sorry that it came late. That looks like a game my brother would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks pretty fun, the graphics could use some work though, doesn't flow enough

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never played this, but it looks fun

    ReplyDelete